Re: [linux-audio-user] ¿La revolución informática realmente revolucionará la música? Linux Audio Conference 2007

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 17:05:15 EEST

Lee Revell wrote:

> One post like this makes 1000 "how do I make JACK work" threads
> worthwhile.

Unless you've been around long enough to recognize its argument as a
tired thread from the 1950s. Same old, same old, whether it's a critique
of the Darmstadt composers, the post-Cage movement, or the later Soho
musicians. For that matter, it read a lot like Henry Pleasants' old book
against modern jazz.

Now if you really want to get into it, check out Slonimsky's "History Of
Musical Invective", it's a compendium of the bad reviews received by
famous composers. My favorite quote was from Max Reger, responding to an
unhappy reviewer, something like: "Dear sir, I'm sitting in the smallest
room of my house, reading your review. I have it before me now, but soon
it will all be behind me." (Sorry, I don't have the book here.)

Best,

dp