Re: [linux-audio-user] ¿La revolución informática realmente revolucionará la música? Linux Audio Conference 2007

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 19:24:07 EEST

> musical elements: rythm, melody, harmony. There is always some
> structure in time, but it's very often just the same: building
> up to a climax.

I even missed that in some pieces, a beginning, an end and something in
between. Often pieces sounds static or like a sound demo but no moving
composition. Maybe it is a different school, I could imagine some
reasons to create pieces that static way but it is not my cup of tea.

About typical sounds, its not Linux related, I made similar observations
in other electroacoustic events which focused on other systems like Mac.
There seems to be always the synthesis du jour and suddenly you hear the
same artefacts everywhere. Maybe its sort of musical standards or riffs
like you have in other genres like Blues. Annoying was the release of
Ableton Live where suddenly every laptopper (what a word but I use it
offending, intentionally) sounds the same and claim to use granular
synthesis which is a joke, granular is much more than a bit studdering
through your properly non original samples.

But I dont blame anyone, just observations, I have to prove to myself
that I can do interesting compositions, thats more interesting and fun
instead of being negative.

Cheers,

Malte

--