[linux-audio-user] amt unitor midicombo under alsa

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 22:35:38 EEST

Hello,

the last hurdle of complete transition from a Mac based studio to a
Linux one is to get the multiple Midiinterfaces running. I have an old
Emagic AMT8 connected to the computer via USB which is cascaded to an
even older Unitor. The AMT8 channels are visible but no further ones.
Has anyone similar rig? If this not work, what are current options of
8x8 midi interfaces? The market seems empty. I guess getting another
AMT8 from evilbay is the option, or?
Someone on this list gave some hints with the virt-midi module but I
couldnt get this to work because the cascaded interface is not showing
up anywhere. Unitors cant be connected directly to the computer because
they have no USB.

Cheers,

Malte

--