[linux-audio-user] ¿La revolución informática realmente revolucionará la música? Linux Audio Conference 2007

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 31 2007 - 00:38:00 EEST

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:24:07 +0200
Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > musical elements: rythm, melody, harmony. There is always some
> > structure in time, but it's very often just the same: building
> > up to a climax.
> >
> I even missed that in some pieces, a beginning, an end and something in
> between. Often pieces sounds static or like a sound demo but no moving
> composition. Maybe it is a different school, I could imagine some
> reasons to create pieces that static way but it is not my cup of tea.

I'm pretty much in agreement here.

I try to make a point of listening to some of these sounds to at least
broaden my range of experience, but while I can say some
'constructions' are quite impressive they are not what I think of as
music. They are not something I would want to listen to again and
again, possibly for many years.

For me music has to flow. There can be discontinuities, and the end can
blend into the start making it never-ending, but still I need the
experience of progression.

Also, I am seldom a passive listener. I like to hum along where I can,
sway to a rhythm or follow a beat with my fingers. If *all* of these are
missing I get quite fidgety.

... just a personal view of course!

--
Will J G