Re: [LAU] Re: [linux-audio-user] Create high-pitch noises like the mosquito device

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 23:04:08 EEST

Ken Restivo wrote:
> That's an urban myth:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_note

Do you trust those mythbusters to get it right? - I took Fons' remark
as a late april fools hoax and the "small room" allusion as hint that he
 regularly reads email lists (-: but maybe he had some experience while
debugging aliki.

There is some medical therapy that involves low freq. "infrasound
massages" and it apparently works well to relax muscles and stir up some
%*&#. - not that it'd have any applications as Anti-Theft device, but
maybe one can make a fortune with infrasound-sex-toys... IIRC there's a
555 based "spooky sound generator" DIY kit at Conrad-Electronics. 666
would have been to obvious!

seriously, low frequencies make a lots flair in cinema. and a just 17Hz
sine won't do the trick there. - I had good experience with
`paul-strech`ing a cello sample and smoothing/filtering it with rezound.

robin