Re: [LAU] Installing realtime kernel - getting it to work.

From: Geoff Beasley <songshop@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 02:21:13 EEST

On Wednesday 04 April 2007 09:12:29 Brad Fuller wrote:

> My card is on IRQ10 which is priority 85, I assume that's good.

that's fine>
> I don't see rtc or "clock" in the list. I do see: - jackd -R -P79

different mobo's have different rtc chips etc. that's ok.

> -p128 -dalsa 1329
>
> - jackd -R -P79 -p128 -dalsa 1329
> - jackd -R -P79 -p128 -dalsa 1329
> 89 jackd -R -P79 -p128 -dalsa 1329
> 79 jackd -R -P79 -p128 -dalsa 1329

 you're already running jack properly. the higher of the two schedfifo threads
is the watchdog which is -1 from the rtc which is normally 90. there is a
diff of 10 between the jack thread and the jack watchdog thread. on my
machine if i go to 80 in qjackctl i get lock-ups and freezes. should be fine.
are you till having trouble ? did you enable the tickless timer and hpet
under processor type and features ?

g.