Re: [LAU] Installing realtime kernel - getting it to work.

From: Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 03:55:28 EEST

Geoff Beasley wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 April 2007 09:52:16 Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>> Right, these are all set except for: hpet (my cpu is too old), but I'll
>> set it anyway and "Tickless System." Is this what you are referring to
>> when you speak of "tickless timers"?
>>

> yup. it'll help. what are the exact symptoms ? you should be having no
> problem at all...

my only problems now are outside of jack, - i think jack works ok. Using
the xine engine in amarok produces lots of clicks. Moving to the Helix
engine works much better.
Audacity, w/o jack, clicks too with any typing, net, window movement...
the usual.

I'm also concerned with the playback rate. Some apps playback too slow
(amarok and snd, neither with jack) while audacity plays back at the
right sample rate (with or w/o jack).