[LAU] Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty -- music is just one path

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 11:04:15 EEST

Marcos Guglielmetti escribe:
> Maybe noise is beauty... I dont know... the sounds of the ocean are like
> noice, just like the wind too... I think this is beautiful, but, because I
> dont like the car's, bus, planes, trains, etc., sounds, I think there is
> almost no beauty into the industrial age sounds (factories, etc.)
>
> So... when I try to make what I call music, I try to put some beauty on it...
> maybe a wind sound could be nice for some parts, but I will try to include
> melodies because the occidental's traditional concepts are into my life, my
> feelings.
>
> it's a long subject...

But it's a nice one.

Masami Akita from Merzbow says: "If by noise you mean uncomfortable
sound, then pop music is noise to me".

You've discovered the point. Men are capable of creating beauty but
unfortunately nature is much more capable. The harder you try to
create simply "beauty" the harder will be later discovering that
regarding beauty nature always win.

Gladly after expresionism exists, it became clear that it's the
mission of art to go beyond beauty. This is what Picasso, Duchamp,
Matisse, Malevich, Rothko and many others teached us.

I am not pretending to say that a Picasso painting is more beautiful
than a Vermeer one. I am just saying it's more human. Because it tries
to show feelings nature's uncapable to show.

What about futurism!? Italian artists at the beggining of past century
decided that what was previously accepted as beauty was no longer
valid. After the industrial revolution, beauty lies on speed and
noise. Their artistic works were amazing, again, going far beyond
"beauty".

Cordially, Ismael

--
Ismael Valladolid Torres  m. +34679156321
La media hostia           j. ivalladt@email-addr-hidden