Re: [LAU] Laptop Battle Registration and Promotion

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 04 2007 - 20:28:21 EEST

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 19:39 -1000, david wrote:
> Robin Gareus wrote:
> >
> > Robin Gareus wrote:
> >> PPS. no battle but art: a while back I stumbled over a text-adventure
> >> written in postscript. playable entirely with the Formfeed and Rewind
> >> button. (though ghostview was more handy) - are there similar
> >> linux-audio pieces? - any `while (true); do ls -l /dev > /dev/dsp &
> >> sleep 1 ;done;` remixes out there? techno-bash(7)
> >
> > I do know about livecoding, fluxus, etc. - but am still missing *the*
> > "crazy-unix-audio" piece/installation to remember. - reactable is
> > close, but actually neither crazy nor a commandline
>
> I like Reactable. It even includes a built-in light show.
>
> Also, the potential demonstrated in a YouTube video of a guy using a
> Wiimote to control his Linux PC's synthesizer software.
>
> It would be fun to have a controller that could work like a Theremin.

It _is_ fun:
  http://ccrma.stanford.edu/radiobaton/index.html
(broken links in there, sorry - the current model sends raw antenna
information through midi to the control computer)

You can derive 3d info for each baton plus detect "hits" on the surface
with hit coordinates and hit velocity, I used to play/improvise with it
with a program I wrote:
  http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/padmaster/

After a long pause I'm starting to rewrite it in SuperCollider...
-- Fernando