Re: [LAU] Re: Re: That must suck. For me it's about beauty?--musicisjustone path

From: Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 07:16:35 EEST

On 4/5/07, Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Marcos Guglielmetti escribe:
> > 60 minutes CD with only and just only pure white noise, you will be still
> > thinking this is music?
>
> It depends on your capacity of sounding in a musical way using just
> white noise. Schoenberg resulted amazingly musical using no
> harmony. Or what about John Cage using a detuned piano, or Ligeti
> using a hundred metronomes.

Schoenberg used lots of harmony. He wrote a textbook on harmony. His
atonal systems even had some highly-developed ways of using harmony.
I think I'll write a piece for a hundred and one metronomes. It won't
sound anything like the Ligeti piece. This is a genre that really
needs to be developed.
I too laugh at the idea of someone buying a 60 minute CD of pure white
noise. The novelty is cute, but how do you know the composer whose
name is on the album really composed that white noise? Maybe he
plagiarized someone else's 60 minutes of white noise.

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com