Re: [LAU] speech recognition?

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 08 2007 - 00:53:47 EEST

Loki Davison wrote:
> Anyone know of any working linux software for speech recognition?
> Being able to use shortcuts etc with it would be great. I.e to control
> web browsing. I can't seem to find anything except for ancient
> references to viavoice. I'm trying to cut down on typing to hopefully
> speed my recovery from RSI / overuse injury. If anyone has any hints
> for that i'd love to here too!
Not that I have an answer for the speech recognition but I have some RSI
problems too which are mouse related, not typing. Recently I tried the
ION Windows manager which is keyboardorientated but didnt get warm with
it, yet. My main solution is to use graphic tablets as mouse replacement
like the Wacom ones. They should be a good sound controller too (three
axis, x y and pressure) but I didnt tried it yet.

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner