[LAU] latency issue

From: julien bodd <julien.lociuro@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 05:47:28 EEST

Hi all,

I have tons of xruns and sound saturation in some specific case.

I use freewheeling + zynaddsubfx. The connexions in qjackctl are specific :

- my external midi keyboard is connected to freewheeling midi in.
- freewheeling midi out connected to zynaddsubfx midi in.
- zynaddsubfx audio out connected to freewheeling audio in
- freewheeling audio out connected to alsa_pcm

The reason for this strange connexion is because I use my midi
keyboard to perform some freewheeling actions, but freewheeling has to
pass the non-relevant midi event it gets to zyn (the notes I play).

It is this kind of loop (freewheeling, to zyn, back to freewheeling)
that cause the xruns !!

I mean that if I connect my midi keyboard directly to zynaddsubfx and
zynaddsubfx audio out to freewheeling audio in, then it is ok !!

But, I really need to control freewheeling too from the midi keyboard.

BTW, the problem does not appear with the first connexions I
described, if instead of playing from the midi-keyboard, I play from
zynaddsubfx integrated visual keyboard.

Anyone experiencing the same problem? Any idea?

Thank you very much !