[LAU] xruns in lowlatency kernel

From: eduard aylon <eduard.aylon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 09 2007 - 18:54:59 EEST

Hi,

I am having lots (thousands) of xruns in qjackctl and need some help
to address this issue. Any tips on what should I enable/disable, etc.
are appreciated.
This happens under kernel 2.6.20 either generic or lowlatency. I
believe realtime patches are already applied in the lowlatency
version, isn't it? After googling a bit I found the appropriate way
to have realtime is to add the lines,

@audio - rtprio 99
@audio - nice -10
@audio - memlock 500000

to the /etc/security/limits.conf. But this hasn't help at all.

I am running Ubuntu Feisty Fawn on a Macbook pro. More info follows
below.

Thanks in advance,

eduard

********
.jackdrc
********
/usr/bin/jackd -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n2 -i2 -o2 -zs

dmesg | grep "Linux version" outputs the following:
[ 0.000000] Linux version 2.6.20-14-lowlatency (root@email-addr-hidden) (gcc
version 4.1.2 (Ubuntu 4.1.2-0ubuntu4)) #2 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 2
20:41:03 UTC 2007 (Ubuntu Unofficial)

*************
groups output
*************

eaylon adm disk dialout cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev netdev
lpadmin powerdev scanner admin

*****************************
cat /etc/security/limits.conf
*****************************

# /etc/security/limits.conf
#
#Each line describes a limit for a user in the form:
#
#
#Where:
#<domain> can be:
# - an user name
# - a group name, with @group syntax
# - the wildcard *, for default entry
# - the wildcard %, can be also used with %group syntax,
# for maxlogin limit
#
#<type> can have the two values:
# - "soft" for enforcing the soft limits
# - "hard" for enforcing hard limits
#
#<item> can be one of the following:
# - core - limits the core file size (KB)
# - data - max data size (KB)
# - fsize - maximum filesize (KB)
# - memlock - max locked-in-memory address space (KB)
# - nofile - max number of open files
# - rss - max resident set size (KB)
# - stack - max stack size (KB)
# - cpu - max CPU time (MIN)
# - nproc - max number of processes
# - as - address space limit
# - maxlogins - max number of logins for this user
# - maxsyslogins - max number of logins on the system
# - priority - the priority to run user process with
# - locks - max number of file locks the user can hold
# - sigpending - max number of pending signals
# - msgqueue - max memory used by POSIX message queues (bytes)
# - nice - max nice priority allowed to raise to
# - rtprio - max realtime priority
#
#
#* soft core 0