Re: [LAU] Jobs for Easter hollidy

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 12 2007 - 00:23:43 EEST

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 19:30:15 +0200
Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 05:25:22PM +0100, Folderol wrote:
>
> > (tell gf colours are OK)
>
> heh, but are you sure colours are OK?

Well...

> > http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Krazy_Shuffle.ogg
> > http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Krazy_Shuffle.mp3
>
> The title made me expect something hectic, but it's much
> more melancholic. It's good, though :)

Thanks :)

> The lead needs a little getting used to it with it's
> sharpness. Nicely modulated.

It is a sound I've been trying to achieve for quite some time.

I can *really* recommend anyone who uses Zyn to go right into it and
tweak everything in sight to see what it does.

This sound is surprisingly 'economical' and uses just two oscillator
modules in AddSyth. Both are 'power' waveforms and one panned slightly
left while the other is slightly right. There is also a small frequency
shift. This gives the initial 'bite' and spread.

However, what really makes the sound interesting is that on just one of
the oscillators I switch on 'harmonic amplitude randomness' and then
apply a little local LP filtering. These controls are *very* easy to
overlook but have a dramatic effect.

Finally I have a small amount of short reverb (hall) followed by
phaser. Because of the way the phaser works I actually had to record
this quite a few times then select the one that sounded the best.

> This could almost be considered House.
> Listening recommendation: Frankie Knuckles.

I see^H^H^H hear what you mean. He's done some very interesting stuff.

--
Will J G