Re: [LAU] best cheap mic(s) for acoustic / vocal recording?

From: Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 12 2007 - 03:19:11 EEST

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 01:31:49AM +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> To describe a mic's sound as 'harsh' - implying low-quality - when
> all there is about it is some HF boost just shows that whoever is
> doing this doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about.

Well. I know Harvey's background (he's done amplifier, speaker, and
microphone design for pro audio manufacturers, and has run his own
studio for years), and I've heard his engineering work. He knows what
he's doing.

Don't write him off just because he tried to make a point in
metaphorical laymans's terms.

--
Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com