Re: [LAU] best cheap mic(s) for acoustic / vocal recording?

From: Phil Sexton <philsexton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 12 2007 - 18:22:59 EEST

Loki Davison wrote:

> Guess
> i also have to ask mic pre or mixer? I don't need a mixer for anything
> else... so i'm thinking seperate mic pre. Is solid state or tube
> better at the cheap end? A few companies seem to have $100 tube mic
> pre's.

I use an 8 channel Behringer MX-802A, which I don't think in production now.

the Behringer Xenyx 802 looks as if it may fit your needs, but I don't
know anything about shipping down under.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Xenyx-802?sku=631263

--
Phil Sexton: http://www.myspace.com/philsexton
Naomi's Fancy: http://www.naomisfancy.net/