[LAU] Free Music Instrument Tuner 0.97.0 released

From: Gilles Degottex <gilles.degottex@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 12 2007 - 21:46:59 EEST

Hi all,

Here is a big new version with many changes, new features and fixes:
- New algo:
        - faster, more robust, etc.
        - only one (optional !) parameter (and a little bit more intuitive)
        - fftw3 dependent
- Add OSS support
- Add Portaudio support
        (FMIT should be Win and Mac compatible with configure flags:
                --disable-jack --disable-alsa --disable-oss)
- Filter frequencies out of range
- Moved views in dB scales
- Thick lines in graphs
- A personal string for the packagers, visible in the about box
- Discrete Fourier Transform module: dedicated to be more a pedagogic module

than a usefull tool.
- Configure panel review
- And my favorite new feature: a donation button under the website !
- and so much I forgot ...

I was busy for a very long time, so sorry to people I do not answer.

Website: http://home.gna.org/fmit
Download: http://download.gna.org/fmit
Donation page: http://home.gna.org/fmit/donation.html

Comments, remarks, test, bug reports and rotten tomatoes are all welcome.

Have fun,
Best Regards,
Gilles

PS. for packagers: could you send me your repository website, or something
like this ? I'll reference them under the website.
PS. for packagers: you can now use: ./configure
--enable-packager-string="Jean-Michel de Lattre <mimi.lattre@email-addr-hidden>"
PS. for all: you know there is a new feature on the website: donate ! :P