Re: [LAU] My 'works in progress' made with linux

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 21:52:45 EEST

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:09:05 -0400
"julien bodd" <julien.lociuro@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Finally, I managed to put some tracks online !
>
> http://www.archive.org/details/TheTimelessClock
>
> Early stage for most of them, but I would like you guys to tell me
> which you like a little, a lot, or not at all.

There are all good. Sea Call is, I think my favourite, although it
seems too short!

> I'll probably continue to work on some of them.
>
> All music is made with linux only.

Good :)

> Midi keyboard, mic (for voice and some djembe), freewheeling (for some
> of them rosegarden too), zynaddsubfx, dssi plugins, qsynth&soundfonts.
>
> Your comments are welcome !
>
> Julien

I would agree with a couple of other posters here. You might like to
think about collaborating if you find you get bored with a tune. To me
there is no such thing as a 'finished' piece of music, but sometimes
getting it to a releasable state can involve quite a 'hump' in the
middle.

Also, it is sometimes an idea to just put something aside, for years if
necessary, then come back to it fresh. Some of my work had been
languishing in my musical 'spare bits' box for nearly 15 years before I
suddenly found I could progress with it.

--
Will J G