Re: [LAU] xruns from GeForce 7300 GS video card

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 14:21:27 EEST

Geoff Beasley wrote:

>nvdia proprietary drivers work perfectly. it is much more likely to be irq
>sharing. you are using rt kernel ? what does cat /proc/interupts show ?

I've used nVidia cards exclusively for many years. I've used the kernel
nv module and nVidia's proprietary binaries. IMO, as long as 3D isn't
required you can use the nv module without much concern. If you need 3D
your only choice is the binary module.

As Geoff mentions, the problems I've had with video cards have had more
to do with IRQ sharing than with the cards or drivers. It's amazing how
badly-built some mobos can be.

Best,

dp