Re: [LAU] SID chip emulation?

From: Stefan Westerfeld <stefan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 23:34:53 EEST

   Hi!

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 04:05:50PM +0100, James Stone wrote:
> Does anyone know of a linux based synth that emulates the sound of the C64 SID
> chip? I would love to use that sound in some pieces, but I have never been able
> to find anything very usable.
>
> Perhaps something could be used from the libsid/libsidplay libraries??

There is an instrument that is based on the SID chip for BEAST, so you
should be able to create SID sounds using this network. Here are the
details:

http://beast.gtk.org/wiki:SidSynthesizer

and downloadable instrument files are in the sound archive:

http://beast.gtk.org/sound-browser.phtml?loc=/c64-sid

   Cu... Stefan

--
Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan