Re: [LAU] SID chip emulation?

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 20 2007 - 21:50:05 EEST

James Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 11:51:20AM +0200, Dragan Noveski wrote:
>
>> James Stone wrote:

>>> OK I get this error on configure:
>>>
>>> checking for libsigc++ - version >= 1.0.1... 1.0.4
>>> checking if libsigc++ sane... no
>>> configure: error: Cant find libsigc++!
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> James
>>>

>> try to get any older version of libsigc++, or try running configure with
>> the '--disable sigc check'.
>>

> Sorry.. my mistake.. I did not have g++-3.3 installed (just
> cpp-3.3 and gcc-3.3)!! (d'oh).
>
> I fixed that problem, then exported CC=gcc-3.3 CPP=cpp-3.3
> CXX=g++-3.3 and it builds fine!!!!
>
> THANKS!!
>
> James

i thank you too, cause your request moved me to one more time try to get
legasynth running and somehow i found this link in the web, but also as
i am reading now...
am i understanding right:

on my system there are gcc, cpp and g++ in /usr/bin which are pointing
at the versions 4.1 normally.
so if i want to change this temporarily i remove them and make new
symlinks to lets say v3.3, and later doing this backwards again.
so if i understand you, for temporarily changing this, i can use
'export CC=gcc-3.3 CPP=cpp-3.3 CXX=g++-3.3'

does the command line looks ok like this?

another thing i did not figured out is that i am able to load one of the
example patches, but how to configure the patches (patch config).
changing the parameters in that tab, the sound does not change here at all.
do you have any idea of how to do it?

cheers,
doc