Re: [LAU] FreeBob + TerraTec PHASE 24 FW = SPDIF out

From: Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 23 2007 - 23:22:29 EEST

Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm going to try TerraTec PHASE 24 FW with FreeBob. Using CVS/SVN is not
> a problem. But there is a potential stopper: I need to be able to use the
> SPDIF out also. Has anybody successful stories here?

With FreeBoB whether SPDIF works or not is dependent on the default
setting of the device's firmware. With it's successor it will be
possible to control this.

What sort of SPDIF functionality do you want to use?
If it is not AC3/DTS but simply 2 channel SPDIF then it will be
supported pretty soon.

Terratec has been very supportive up till now and I'm very confident
that we will work out any issues that arise.

Greets,

Pieter Palmers
FreeBoB/FFADO developer