Re: [LAU] My first impulse response

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 26 2007 - 21:05:01 EEST

Am Donnerstag, 26. April 2007 schrieb Tim Howard:
> On 4/26/07, Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > BTW: As access to weapons is somehow restricted here in germany (and my
> > wife doesn't like me getting a toy gun either) I was thinking of creating
> > the pulse for IRs with some kind of a clapperboard or similar. These old
> > things we used in physical education come to my mind. Is that usable or
> > should I convince my wife to allow me a gas pistol or blank pistol?
> I think it's fairly common to use a balloon pop as the impulse, but
> that doesn't yield as high-quality results as a sweep. It's cheap,
> though!

Ah, that is a good idea!

I know the sweep has best results but I want to measure things like
under-the-local-bridge or inside bigger cellars and the like and carrying
speakers there is not an option. My laptop with the (broken again) tascam
interface has to suffice...

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/