[LAU] tascam us 122 running, but not in every app

From: kazik staszewski <sycamorex@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 30 2007 - 22:18:16 EEST

Hi all,

I have Studio 64 (i386 version on a 386 machine). I managed to get the usb
tascam us 122
up and running. I changed the soundcard in some applications, eg. hydrogen,
audacity, etc to the second card (hw:1 - tascam), however, I cannot find any
place where I can change it in amarok, mplayer, and rosegarden.

Actually, in Rosegarden it is recognised, but everything is muted for some
reason. Here is some infor from rosegarden:

Rosegarden 1.4.0 - AlsaDriver - alsa-lib version 1.0.12

JackDriver::initialiseAudio - JACK server not running

ALSA Client information:

14,0 - (Midi Through, Midi Through Port-0) (DUPLEX) [ctype 2, ptype 2, cap
99]
20,0 - (TASCAM US-X2Y, TASCAM US-X2Y MIDI 1) (DUPLEX) [ctype 2, ptype 2, cap
127]

Creating device 0 in Play mode for connection 20:0 TASCAM US-X2Y MIDI 1
(duplex)
Default device name for this device is MIDI external device
Creating device 1 in Record mode for connection 20:0 TASCAM US-X2Y MIDI 1
(duplex)
Default device name for this device is MIDI hardware input device
Creating device 2 in Play mode for connection 14:0 Midi Through Port-0
(duplex) (not connecting)
Default device name for this device is MIDI output system device
Creating device 3 in Record mode for connection 14:0 Midi Through Port-0
(duplex) (not connecting)
Default device name for this device is MIDI input system device
    Current timer set to "system timer"
AlsaDriver::initialiseMidi - initialised MIDI subsystem

  ALSA Client information:

14,0 - (Midi Through, Midi Through Port-0) (DUPLEX) [ctype 2, ptype 2, cap
99]
20,0 - (TASCAM US-X2Y, TASCAM US-X2Y MIDI 1) (DUPLEX) [ctype 2, ptype 2, cap
127]

AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: connection like 64:0 M Audio Audiophile
24/96 MIDI (duplex) requested for device 0
AlsaDriver::setPlausibleConnection: nothing suitable available

Any ideas would be much appreciated:)

Thank you very much

Marcin