Re: [LAU] ANNOUNCE: PHASEX v0.10.0

From: Jamie Bullock <jamie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 04 2007 - 11:23:03 EEST

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 22:26 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
<snip>

> If someone is viewing this post, perhaps they could let me know on which linux
> distro they have got this synth to work.

Just compiled it and got it working without a hitch on Ubuntu Feisty.
Only problem is that it segfaults if jack isn't running. BTW Feisty also
has freebob support and an optional low-latency kernel.

> I've already been through all this sort of crap with Om. It needed all the
> latest & greatest libraries to get it to install, and in the end I gave up on
> it.

That's a shame because Om is a really cool piece of software.

> If Phasex is going the same way, as good as it looks, I think I will pass on
> it. It's too much hassle to install and run it.
>
> I would like to try this synth, as the the only synth we have at present is
> ZynAddSubFx, putting aside the modular ones.

What do you mean by that? Have you tried WhySynth?

Jamie