Re: [LAU] ANNOUNCE: PHASEX v0.10.0

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 05 2007 - 02:15:28 EEST

On Saturday 05 May 2007 00:46, Ken Restivo wrote:

> On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 08:10:12PM +0100, James Stone wrote:

> > > It builds ok on Debian Etch, using v0.10.1, but segfaults after a few
> > > seconds, even without touching anything on the GUI. If I try to load a
> > > patch, or open the file menu, it segfaults immediately. GTK version on
> > > Etch is libgtk2.0-0 installed 2.8.20-7. Output from starting Phasex on
> > > the CLI below.
> >
> > Strangely, it builds and plays fine on my Debian system... I have
> > been running SID, but have not updated everything for quite some
> > time, so some of my stuff will be newer than Etch, some older.
> >
> > My version of GTK is libgtk2.0-0 (that's the rather confusing
> > Debian name for it, because actually it is 2.10.11-2).
>
> Also runs fine on mine too. Debian Etch. With GTK 2.8.20-3. On AMD64.
>
> - -ken

All a bit odd. As I mention above, my gtk version is 2.8.20-7. If I start
Phasex on the Etch machine it segfaults after some seconds. If I ssh into
Etch from FC2, and start Phasex from FC2, there are no problems, and can do
what I like with the synth.

I get exactly the same problem on the same machine that Etch is installed on,
with FC5. Phasex segfaults when running it on FC5, but if I ssh into FC5 from
FC2, and run Phasex from FC2 there are no problems.

Nigel.