Re: [LAU] ANNOUNCE: PHASEX v0.10.0

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 05 2007 - 11:33:03 EEST

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 10:59:05PM +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:

> Thats a shame about Smack. It sounded interesting, but never got a chance to
> try the patches because of problems building Om.

Well, the Smack patches will propably live on converted once Ingen
loads Om patches.

> I remember complaining about the dependencies for Om. It was created using the
> latest, and greatest libraries on Mandriva, wasn't it?

No. Debian. Testing I think. I think it's perfectly fine for a project
in intense development to use the latest and greatest. Not much point in
using yesterdays libs. Takes time until a release hits the distributions,
anyway.

It was always a piece of cake to meat the dependencies on Gentoo (there were
enough other issues showing up over time, but each was solved, many thanks to
the stressed patience of Dave).
By far the most reports of problems with building stuff I see are from Fedora
users.

--
Thorsten Wilms
Thorwil's Design for Free Software: