Re: [LAU] USB has power even when PC is shut down?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 09:45:06 EEST

Am Montag, 7. Mai 2007 schrieb Florin Andrei:
> On my old system (AthlonXP 2000, I forgot what kind of motherboard),
> when the system was turned off, everything went dark.
> But on the new system, the Midisport stays powered up even after the PC
> is turned off. I can tell it's up because the green LED is still
> blinking. The PC really is off, the disks are stopped, no moving parts
> move, everything is cold.
> Well, I guess this is more of a hardware question, but still, what's the
> deal with USB on these new motherboards? Is the bus still powered even
> after the system is turned off?

USB is still powered to support wake-up via keyboard/mouse?

Furthermore these new machines aren't off when you switch them off due to
acpi. Only real possibility to make them suck no energy is either the
mains-switch at the back of the power-supply or popping the power-cord out of
the machine or the wall...

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/