Re: [LAU] freebob : jack zombified

From: Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 08 2007 - 11:41:18 EEST

Mysth-R wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Recently I bought an expressCard with firewire extension for my laptop.
> But when I launch qjackctl, I get this error :

> I have a Firebox Presonus on a Dell Inspiron 9400 ; The expressCard got
> a Texas Instrument chip ; and I am running with fedora Core 6 and planet
> CCRMA
> the rtirq script is started :
> rtirq: start [rtc] irq=8 pid=372 prio=95: OK.
> rtirq: start [ohci1394] irq=18 pid=1139 prio=90: OK.
> rtirq: start [snd] irq=20 pid=467 prio=85: OK.
>
> I don't know what the problem is. so if someone could help me it should
> be great :)

At first sight your setup looks good. However you are the first one that
reports the use of an expresscard interface. I would doubt that the
problem lies there however, since AFAIK an expresscard is connected
directly to the pci-express bus (no bridges).

Can you try running jack with another samplerate (44100)?

Can you try the following procedure:
- power up the firebox
- start jack
- after the jack crash, unplug the firewire cable (not the power to the
firebox)
- reconnect the firewire cable
- try again to start jack (with the same settings)

Pieter Palmers

PS: It would be good if you took this to the ffado-user mailing list.