Re: [LAU] m-audio trigger finger

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 12:49:27 EEST

> I ended up buying an M-Audio Trigger Finger and it works great with
> snd_usb_audio.  Does anyone know if there is a tool like "Enigma" for
> linux?  That's the program for windows/mac that let's you make pad
> assignments from your desktop.

there's none. I once wanted to write one, but it's impossible to ask the
device for its current settings, so it would have been a one way
editor, without the capabilöity to change the *current* settings
quickly.

If someone needs some inspiration for an editor, here's a screenshot of
my current code:
http://christeck.de/stuff/TFpanel.png

Hint: the device can be programmed completely via sysex (and I have
already figured out almost all commands). But to cause the device to
send its current settings, a USB command needs to be sent. m-audio
didn't tell me which one it is, so if anyone could figure it out it
would be very helpful.

Cheers,

ce