[LAU] Re: audio card discovery order, debian etch, 2.6.20, udev

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 11:58:39 EEST

James Cameron escribe:
> G'day,
>
> This is probably a dumb question, but I haven't found an answer yet
> because it is relatively hard to google it.
>
> I've two audio devices, and once in every ten or so boots the discovery
> order is reversed, with the SB Live 5.1 card detected in position 1
> instead of position 0.

Assuming you're running kind of a Debian, you can create as root a
file called /etc/modprobe.d/sound with these content:

alias snd-card-0 snd-powermac
options snd-powermac index=0
alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=1

You're forced to this kind of solution when using a USB MIDI interface
which is usually detected as sound card 0 but doesn't have any sound
capability!

Cordially, Ismael

--
Ismael Valladolid Torres  m. +34679156321
La media hostia           j. ivalladt@email-addr-hidden