Re: [LAU] Plea for metadata in ogg/mp3s of made-with-linux music

From: Martin Ahnelöv <operagasten@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 17:21:19 EEST

> Someone who reviewed my stuff [1] also said "add metadata", but didn't
> explain how. For oggs, add a few more flags on the encoder command
> line:
>
> oggenc \
> --comment "text" \
> --artist "your name" \
> --genre "whatever" \
> --date "`date`" \
> --album "none" ...

If you dont release it in a album, you can always set the album tag to
"Realeased in LAU," or put a link to your homepage there or something so
that people also know _where_ they got the song. And mark all songs the
same way (dont go around and change your artist tag or something,
becuase it'll look ugly in rhymebox and fuck up services as Last.fm).

- martin

PS. Do LA* have a last.fm-group? or is that too unfree?