[LAU] RME Multiface host error

From: Michal Seta <mis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 07:13:00 EEST

Hi all,

The red light on the multiface is on.

Nobody seems to be having problems with the above card.
I just purchased it (second hand).

I'm on Ubuntu Feisty. 2.6.20-15-386.
So far I discovered that alsa's firmware binaries seem not to be
included with Ubuntu (I have not found them anyways on my system and
did not find anything in the repos. So I went ahead and downloaded a
matching version of Firmware package (1.0.14rc1), run configure and
make install and all went fine. However, hdsploader refuses to load
any firmware and reports the following (actually, the same error was
occuring before my installing of firmware):

Looking for HDSP + Multiface or Digiface cards :
Card 0 : Intel 82801DB-ICH4 with AD1981B at 0xc0000c00, irq 5
Card 1 : RME Hammerfall DSP at 0xc8000000, irq 5
Upload firmware for card hw:1
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1105:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition
'defaults.hwdep.device'
ALSA lib conf.c:3500:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:242:(snd_func_getenv) error evaluating default
ALSA lib conf.c:3500:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_igetenv
returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:3957:(snd_config_expand) Args evaluate error: No such
file or directory
ALSA lib hwdep.c:151:(snd_hwdep_open_noupdate) Unknown HwDep hw:1
Error opening hwdep device on card hw:1.

any leads?
what am I missing

./MiS