Re: [LAU] How to connect to an existing ecasound daemon?

From: M P Smoak <smoak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 17 2007 - 20:43:29 EEST

On Thursday 17 May 2007 07:00 am, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Ken!
> I'd like to answer your question, but I can't read your mails, it
> always says: sh; pgp command not found. And I can't install anything
> new on that system, for it isn't mine. Could you post it again
> without your pgp-thingy? Kindest regards
> Julien

Here's the content from Ken without the pgp-thingy.

" For a few months now, I've been using ecasound daemons to run my
effects chains for performance purposes.

Now I want to do some more with these, change them around, and
experiment with them. To do that, I need to connect to the existing
running instances, using some kind of client, and tweak their
parameters.

I tried the ecasound.el emacs mode, but it insists on spawning its own
ecasound instance, instead of connecting to one that is already
running. Very frustrating, because it otherwise looks excellent.

I tried ecamonitor, but it doesn't *do* anything. It just sits there,
and doesn't accept any keyboard input.

What tool actually works for connecting to an existing ecasound
instance, much as, say, "ingen -g" connects to a running ingen daemon?

- -ken "

Hope this help,
Marv