Re: [LAU] Another new idea

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 18 2007 - 01:01:19 EEST

On Wed, 16 May 2007 10:00:46 +0200
Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 10:40:52PM +0100, Folderol wrote:
> >
> > http://www.musically.me.uk/music/NuToon.mp3
>
> Very nice. Easily the best set of sounds you've come up with so far.

Thanks very much, and thanks to the other people who have commented.

> The bell part would be a candidate for slowly morphing over time,
> perhaps starting with something close to a sine, to a sharp musicbox
> sound, on to xylophone-like.

This already had a softer end, it now has the softer whistle sound at
the start as well.

> You should push the synthar up just a little bit.

Yes. I've lifted this quite a lot, and done a little cosmetic work on
it too.

> The percussion is a tad too loud. Consider moving that shakey sound
> to one side and add a partner on the other.

Good idea. I now have two different shaker sounds with slightly
different timings, one panned left and the other right. I've also
changed the kick for a better sounding one, which remains centred.

> This begs for some fast but smooth fills and some breaks.

Ah! My Achilles heel again <sigh>

> > I really must try to think of a title for it. Nothing really comes to
> > mind just yet.
>
> Dreaming Dragon ^^

Not a bad idea. I've actually combined that with Lou's suggestion so I
now give you:

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Lair_Of_The_Dragon_King.ogg
or
http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Lair_Of_The_Dragon_King.mp3

As I am getting short of webspace I'll be removing the old titles pretty
soon.

--
Will J G