Re: [LAU] [ANN] jack_mixer version 5 "Seventeen Moments of Spring" released

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 18 2007 - 12:42:22 EEST

Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> jack_mixer version 5 "Seventeen Moments of Spring" released.
>
> jack_mixer is GTK (2.x) JACK audio mixer with look similar to it`s
> hardware counterparts. It has lot of useful features, apart from being
> able to mix multiple JACK audio streams.
>
> Changes since version 4:
> * fix building against older jack versions (i.e. not latest svn)
>
> Changes since version 3:
>
> * Improve configure script
> * Remove SWIG dependency for tarball sources
> * JACK MIDI support (sample accurate automation of volume and balance/panorama)
>
> Homepage with screenshots: http://home.gna.org/jackmixer/
>
> Download: http://download.gna.org/jackmixer/

hi nedko,
it looks strange for me, jack_mixer is compiling very well, but trying
to start it:

nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:~/software/nove/jack_mixer/jack_mixer-5$ jack_mixer
PHAT audio widgets not found, some features will not be available
Cannot load Python bindings for GConf, your preferences will not be
preserved across jack_mixer invocations
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/jack_mixer", line 42, in ?
    from serialization_xml import xml_serialization
  File "/usr/local/bin/../share/jack_mixer/serialization_xml.py", line
23, in ?
    import xml.dom.ext
ImportError: No module named ext
nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:~/software/nove/jack_mixer/jack_mixer-5$

the version3 was working just fine here.
do you have any idea what is causing this error?

cheers,
doc