Re: [LAU] [ANN] jack_mixer version 5 "Seventeen Moments of Spring" released

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 19 2007 - 15:03:24 EEST

Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>

>> Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
>>
>>> jack_mixer version 5 "Seventeen Moments of Spring" released.
>>>
>>> jack_mixer is GTK (2.x) JACK audio mixer with look similar to it`s
>>> hardware counterparts. It has lot of useful features, apart from being
>>> able to mix multiple JACK audio streams.
>>>
>>> Changes since version 4:
>>> * fix building against older jack versions (i.e. not latest svn)
>>>
>>> Changes since version 3:
>>>
>>> * Improve configure script
>>> * Remove SWIG dependency for tarball sources
>>> * JACK MIDI support (sample accurate automation of volume and balance/panorama)
>>>
>>> Homepage with screenshots: http://home.gna.org/jackmixer/
>>>
>>> Download: http://download.gna.org/jackmixer/
>>>

>> hi nedko,
>> it looks strange for me, jack_mixer is compiling very well, but trying
>> to start it:
>>
>> nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:~/software/nove/jack_mixer/jack_mixer-5$ jack_mixer
>> PHAT audio widgets not found, some features will not be available
>> Cannot load Python bindings for GConf, your preferences will not be
>> preserved across jack_mixer invocations
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/usr/local/bin/jack_mixer", line 42, in ?
>> from serialization_xml import xml_serialization
>> File "/usr/local/bin/../share/jack_mixer/serialization_xml.py", line
>> 23, in ?
>> import xml.dom.ext
>> ImportError: No module named ext
>> nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:~/software/nove/jack_mixer/jack_mixer-5$
>>
>> the version3 was working just fine here.
>> do you have any idea what is causing this error?
>>

> Chances are that you have added lash to your system and PyXML (0.8.4
> should work) is required for jack_mixer lash support to work.
>
> This requirement is mentioned in INSTALL file but configure script
> should detect such problem of course ;)
>
> So try installing PyXML or disabling jack_mixer LASH support.

great nedko, installing py-xml solved the problem!

jack_mixer really is a very good appi, but for fully enjoying , we have
to wait the other appis to be lashed! than it is really gonna be a fun.
unfortunately, i do not have any midi controller here right now, so i
cannot try this function in the moment.

anyway, very much thanks for the support and for the effort given into
jack_mixer!

cheers,
doc