Re: [LAU] Newbie, where should I start?

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 07:56:32 EEST

On 5/20/07, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Great, it not only needs rsync - I have to go install the silly rsync
> program. What's wrong with a good old-fashioned HTTP, FTP or torrent?
>
> Grumble grumble.

from their website, go to "get puredyne now!", and all will be revealed to you:

    * STABLE This is what you should download if you look for the
official pure:dyne operating system or extra dyne:II compatible
modules. LAST STABLE ISO VERSION IS 2.3.52.

    torrents - torrent file (hosted by the mute public library)
    direct download - http://royalrabbit.goto10.org/rl/

    * TESTING This section proposes dayly snapshots of the latest ISO
and modules. If you want to tryout the latest update and features that
are still being experimented and you are not affraid of possible
crashes and glitches, this is where you should go!

    direct download - http://royalrabbit.goto10.org/rl/

    * SHRINEIf you can't wait for the daily snapshots and just want
the real thing as it being developped at the moment, welcome to the
shrine. Do not enter unless you know what you're doing.

    rsync server - rsync -P royalrabbit.goto10.org::puredyne/
    subversion repository - svn list https://devel.goto10.org/svn/puredyne

so now you have rsync, http, svn, and torrent.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com