[LAU] Multiple fluidsynths from command line ?

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 00:23:14 EEST

Hi all,

  I thought it'd be simple to run many fluidsynths, each from a
different console. But it turns out that once one fluidsynth is
running, starting another yields:

JACK tmpdir identified as [/dev/shm]
cannot read response from jack server (No such file or directory)
fluidsynth: error: Jack server not running?
Failed to create the audio driver

The first and second fluidsynths are started the same, with:

fluidsynth -m alsa_seq -a jack /usr/local/share/SF/ChoriumRevA.SF2

How is it possible to run multiple instances of fluidsynth ? I'm
asking because I use several sounds and I do not want to run one
fluidsynth audio output that has trombone and bass into the same Ardour
audio input.

Thanks,

Al