[LAU] Cannibal's Trance : new music from StudioDave

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 14:53:56 EEST

Greetings:

I've put a new piece on-line, another one just for fun:

    http://linux-sound.org/cannibalstrance.ogg

Software used included:

  JOST host for native VST plugins
  mdaJX10 (synth, 2 instances)
  mdaDX10 (synth, 2 instances)
  Eqinox (EQ, 2 instances)
  QSynth (drums, bass, square lead)
  JACK-Rack (CAPS Plate Reverb again, wet)
  Sequencer Plus Gold under DOSemu
  QJackCtl
  midirgui
  ecasound

The piece was produced on my 800 MHz box (no VST on 64-bit box) running
the JAD distro (openSUSE 10.2). I worked on the song almost all day
yesterday, had 0 xruns, no crashes, everything ran beautifully. Vast
thanks to all the developers who made it possible ! :)

Btw, this is a preliminary non-mix. I plan to record it as a
multi-channel WAV with ecasound, then I'll work with each
track/instrument in more detail in Ardour on the big iron.

Comments welcome, as always.

And yes, this sucker is tagged. ;)

Dance, dance, dance...

Best,