Re: [LAU] PHASEX-0.10.2

From: William Weston <weston@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 25 2007 - 02:37:20 EEST

On Thu, 24 May 2007, Nigel Henry wrote:

> On Thursday 24 May 2007 12:24, William Weston wrote:
> > On Sun, 20 May 2007, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > > Just to confirm that phasex-0.10.2 now builds ok on Fedora Core 2.
> >
> > Great! Which GTK version are your running? (I've only been able to
> > confirm versions as low as 2.4.x so far).
>
> > Thanks for the build report,
> > --ww
>
> My FC2 is using gtk2-2.4.14-2.fc2
>
> I will try 0.10.3, and also the suggestions you made to David Adler, to see if
> I can get it running a bit better.
>
> The machine I have most of my music apps on, is 1.3Ghz Celeron, with 1GB RAM.
> It has a load of distro's on it. FC1/2/3/4, and 5. Debian Sarge, Etch, and
> Lenny. Kubuntu, Slackware 10.0, and Gentoo. I'll check out the gtk versions
> on FC1, and Slackware 10.0, but both are using the 2.4 kernel, so I don't
> know if that will create any problems when I build Phasex. Anyway it's worth
> a go.

The only thing somewhat kernel dependent is access to the realtime
scheduling. You may have to use something like the givertcap
wrapper (used by a lot of audio apps in the 2.4 days) to prevent
runtime errors on thread startup. If you have an older distro with
a lot of audio apps, you probably have givertcap already. Older 2.6
kernels may need the realtime capabilities patch, but if you're
building kernels, you may as well build with Ingo Molnar's latest
-rt patch.

Cheers,
--ww