[LAU] random lockup on shutdown..

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 09:23:46 EEST

I have been trying to troubleshoot this for a couple of weeks
now, but have not really got anywhere.

I am noticing that my computer locks up on sending the killall5
signal on shutdown, at random times (maybe once every 4 or 5
shutdowns, or maybe even less). After this happens, it will then
take ages to start up the next time (taking over 30seconds to get
past POST to the grub menu).

It seems to me like a hardware problem, but the strange thing is,
I have only ever see it happen when using a realtime patched
kernel.

I know this is not really audio related, but I know there are a
lot of gurus on this list! Does anyone have any idea what might
be happening?

Best wishes,

James