[LAU] Octaver or fuzztone effect

From: robert lazarski <robertlazarski@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 16:00:50 EEST

Hi all,

I always liked Adrian Belew's song "Big Electric Cat" , and after hearing it
again I'd like to see how close to that sound I can get. Doing some
googling, Here is a quote from Guitar Player jan.'84:

AB describing his onstage/studio equipment p.80-
...number 3 is my Foxx[Tone Machine]fuzztone. That's the sound in "Big
Electric Cat" and "Paint the Road". "i always use it w/ the high octave
sustain switch on. its my favorite effect, and not an easy one to find these
days. i'm also daisy-chaining the Foxx-tone into an MXR 10-band graphic
equalizer so that i can eq it."

I'm actually a keyboard player with a korg triton classic and some
relatively good guitar sounds ;-). I found some schematics for building a
cheap fuzztone, but I've got plenty of excuses for trying to do this in
software first ;-). Any ideas?

Robert