[LAU] playing a multichannel DVD-A in Linux

From: Hector Centeno <hcengar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 27 2007 - 22:26:50 EEST

Hi,

I have a DVD-Audio disc with 5.1 channel audio which I can't play
using my standalone DVD player (it doesn't support DVD-A) so I was
wondering, is here any way I can play this in my Linux machine
(providing I have a multichannel audio interface, of course)? I don't
seem to find any DVD-A software player and the DVD players like
mplayer and Totem only play the 2-channel+video version that it's also
included in the disc (inside the VIDEO_TS directory). I can see
several .aob files in the AUDIO_TS directory, is there any way of
ripping the 6 channels out of these files in case there is no direct
way of playing them?

Thanks!

Hector