Re: [LAU] playing a multichannel DVD-A in Linux

From: Phil Sexton <philsexton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 27 2007 - 23:50:34 EEST

Hector Centeno wrote:
> Thanks Phil for the reply, according to the VLC web site there is no
> support for DVD-A. I installed it and tried anyways and the results
> are the same: it only plays the Video part with stereo audio. So far
> it looks that only WinDVD and PowerDVD can play DVD-A but of course
> only for Windows. It looks like it's a licensing issue and the fact
> that aob files are encripted in a way that makes it impossible to
> rip... unless someone here knows how.

Arrgh! I hate monopolies and companies that won't stick to open standards!

I always write the companies that employ the broken or non-standards and
tell them that they are missing out on quite a large potential audience
by using software that is limited to Microsoft/Apple.

--
Phil Sexton: http://www.myspace.com/philsexton
Praise Whistlers Abroad: http://praisewhistlers.org/