[LAU] Return of the .... Off'ish music!

From: Andrew Lewis <alewis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 04 2007 - 12:29:50 EEST

Hello Linux Audio Users :)

Some time ago I advertised some mixes I had made in TerminatorX on this list, and unforseen to me, ended up causing a bit of a stir amongst some people over the evil'ness of ripping off other artist's music illegally etc. I vowed to return to the list with an original creation made with Linux... :) To some extent I failed:

It's available here:
http://mirage.org/wzd/myspacemegamix04062007.mp3
And here:
http://www.myspace.com/binkyvonsopwith
Though perhaps you'd prefer to use the first link. :)

Tools used were a borrowed Yamaha SCX2 (during the first 107 seconds or so only), Freewheeling, JACK RACK, Audacity for editting (because I'm too n00b to've figured out Ardour yet), Fluidsynth and lots of noises recorded off TV and radio (which is where I fail in my original'ness; however I still think it's rather original :p).

May not be the best example of excellent music made with Linux, though possibly a good example that even somewhat stupid people can make music with Linux. :D (esp. with Freewheeling, thx to the excellent video tutorials ... Has anyone made or is interested in making video tutorials for Ardour? :D)

Take care everyone!

-AL.