[LAU] building Freecycle for x86_64 ?

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 15:08:13 EEST

Greetings:

  I'd like to build Freecycle on my AMD64 box, but I'm running into
unending difficulties with its Qt detection. The README indicates that
Qt3 is required, which I have installed on my 64Studio system (along
with Qt4), but I'm having nothing but failure trying to get the
Freecycle makefile to find the Qt3 headers. I've tried setting QTdir and
I've tried unsetting it, I've tried using Qt4 instead of Qt3 (because
the requested headers are mostly found in /usr/include/qt4/Qt/), and
I've got 0 joy.

  All devel packages are installed.

  Has anyone on this list successfully built Freecycle on a Debian
system, 32-bit or 64-bit ? If so, how ?

Best,

dp