Re: [LAU] building Freecycle for x86_64 ?

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 17:01:33 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:
> James Stone wrote:
>
>> Did you install qt3-apps-dev?
>>
> Yes.
>
> I give up. In all the years I've been compiling apps for Linux I've
> never had so much trouble with Qt except on Debian systems. Qt had a
> perfectly good method of allowing multiple versions to coexist nicely,
> but Debian's policy has trainwrecked more builds than I care to
> recall. I like Debian otherwise, but I truly despise their policy
> towards Qt. I inevitably wind up wasting a lot of time setting and
> resetting environment variables, linking directories and
> subdirectories, rewriting include statements, et cetera ad nauseam.
>
> Setting QTDIR on a Debian system normally involves this export:
>
> export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3/
>
> But of course that doesn't work in this case.
>
> Any further advice or suggestions ?
>
> Best,
>
> dp

hi,
i don't know anything about 64bit-debian, i am on 32-bit lenny here, but
often, if appi is requiring qt4, i have to change the synlinks in
/usr/bin which here are normally showing to /usr/share/qt3/bin.

those are:

/usr/bin/designer
............/lrelease
............/lupdate

simply 'rm /usr/bin/moc' and than 'ln -s /usr/share/qt4/bin/moc
/usr/bin/moc ....

not sure, but perhaps it helps!

cheers,
doc