Re: [LAU] TAP and other LADSPA plugins cause... dead silence?

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 08 2007 - 19:06:58 EEST

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 08:43:52AM -0700, Tim Howard wrote:

> Has anyone figured out a way to fix this problem, circumvent this
> problem, or put up with this problem??

I tried to look into it recently - compiled the TAP reverb in floating
point mode, but didn't get any reverb out of it at all, only direct sound.
There my trials ended as there was more urgent work...

> I'm trying to put together a Linux audio box for a friend (his
> introduction to Linux) and it would be a real bummer if he can't use
> any EQ...

You could use my FIL-plugins. There's only one in this set: a four-band
parametric, using Mitra-Regalia filters instead of biquads.

TAP uses biquads for everything, and I suspect that could be part of the
problem.

--
FA
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !