Re: [LAU] TAP and other LADSPA plugins cause... dead silence?

From: Mike Taht <mike.taht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 08 2007 - 19:12:43 EEST

On 6/8/07, Tim Howard <tdhoward@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 6/8/07, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 08:43:52AM -0700, Tim Howard wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone figured out a way to fix this problem, circumvent this
> > > problem, or put up with this problem??
> >
> > I tried to look into it recently - compiled the TAP reverb in floating
> > point mode, but didn't get any reverb out of it at all, only direct
> sound.
> > There my trials ended as there was more urgent work...
> >
> > > I'm trying to put together a Linux audio box for a friend (his
> > > introduction to Linux) and it would be a real bummer if he can't use
> > > any EQ...
> >
> > You could use my FIL-plugins. There's only one in this set: a four-band
> > parametric, using Mitra-Regalia filters instead of biquads.
> >
> > TAP uses biquads for everything, and I suspect that could be part of the
> > problem.
> >
> > --
> > FA
> >
> > Follie! Follie! Delirio vano č questo !

Hmm... I have been working on some seriously SSEīd versions of tap and swh
plugins and at least on my x86_64 tap reverb seems to work fine. I havenīt
actually published the last known working patches, but they are very small.
I will fiddle with the other tap plugins that appear to be causing problems.

I just started working on a Paris EQ clone, which looks quite similar to the
4 band parametric in FIL, but Iīm using biquads. I didnīt know that FIL
plugins existed, I guess I should check ém out.

Thanks, Fons! I'll check out the FIL-plugins...

> Incidentally, does the CAPS EQ also use biquads? Because it is
> producing the same problems.
>
> -TimH

Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge